Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I signed a contract to buy windows in NYS. The 3 days have

Customer Question

I signed a contract to buy windows in NYS. The 3 days have passed to cancel....no measurements have been done and no materially has been ordered....can I cancel without recourse prior to having them measure?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Have you contacted them or have they contacted you, to schedule a date and time for this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the date for measurement is this week

Thank you. If a date has been set and they are coming out and are starting to perform under the contract, it can not be canceled. The fact that they have not done this yet, is not a basis to cancel the contract, if a time period to cancel has passed, but the buyer failed to do so. If you want to cancel, you may be able to BUT they are going to likely demand damages/lost profits, for this to happen. Any time there is a 3 day period, companies usually wait before doing anything because they know if the buyer cancels the contract, they will have to refund any money and do not want to incur any costs.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!