Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have tried this before and didnt end up getting an answer

Customer Question
yet they took out my...
I have tried this before and didnt end up getting an answer yet they took out my money then i had to got thru the process of getting it back
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Michigan but I have a civil lawsuit against a bonding co fro breach of contract/negligence. I have talked to the DA in TN/he told me he was criminal/this is civil. I gave the bondsman lots of incidences that happened inTn that warranted him going to check the address where my daughter was suppose to be staying, he wouldn't. A fight, a gun shot in air/held to her head. she called him/told him to come get her.Jeff came down/alked her into coming back. I called bondsman/he said she told me she was ok. Yes she told me too. He said did it sound like she was being told to say that/held agaisnt her will? I know that is how they do it when they are prostituting them? I told him to go check the address in Nashville. He didnt. Nextt day Jeff called told me there was no fight/gun/britt could stay as long as she wanted, he worked in Alabama/had just got back from work. i talked to Britt for a short time she told me she was ok. I called bondsman/asked him to go check he did not. At 8 am Michigan time Robert calls, I think Britt is getting herself in trouble. I said what? Oh she took a bus to Alabama, she wont be gone long a few days/my brother Jeff works their/he is going their soon he will check on her she will be ok. I called bondsman/he asked how long since she had been on face book? 10 hours. he said I don't like it somethings fishy. I said fishy like you are going to check? He said no there is not way to check a bus ticket. I said yes she had no ID so I dont know how they could have got her a ticket/you have an address where she is suppose to be at go check. He did nothing,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A friend of mine called from Florida/asked how Britt was? I said I guess shes in Alabama. He said she was calling/texting me at2,3,4 in the am begging me to come get her from nashville. I told himto text her/get an adress tell her u r gonna send her money/she will have to give u a name/adress she has no ID. I got address inAlabama/bondsman told me to keep track of everything. I said she is out of jurisdiction/I signed a contract with u stating she cant leave jurisdiction. I have filed a complaint with TN commerce & insurance. Their lawyer sent a response letter saying they r not a babysittin service/if I was hat concered I should have went to TN/AL and ot her my self. Margo Taylor told me to write another letter/she was gonna send it to licensing. I did/his lawyer didn't respond to any of my new concerns, so they told me I had a limited time to file a consumer complaint of 1977/I might want toget an attorney/look into other violations have been made. She said the complaint is in their file/if I need anything from them to let them know.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No nothing has been filed the DA told me I should probably get a pro bono lawyer from the TN bar association/they told me they dont have any pro bono lawyers. may 1 Princeton Baptist Hospital called/told me she had been strangled/beat/brought in by a sheriff found in a supine position along the interstate. I have disability rightsinvolved/she has a TBI but no tests have been done to see what areas of her brain r damaged. she was hearing voies/telling her to hurt hrself/she still is dalusional/believes a weird story about a jail/the CIA being at he hospital. her short term memory/long term isnt good. she says she cant remember her child hood, There is a lont more she even told me to get guardianship of her because he knows shes not herself she died that night.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The DA cannot interfere in this type of proceeding as long as the person is out on bond. If you wanted to revoke the bond, the bondsman could have done so and the DA would have put her back in jail and then that would have kept her out of trouble and from leaving the jurisdiction and getting into all of this.
Your daughter I am afraid is responsible for what happened to her, not the DA or the bondman for not spending all of their time with her making sure she did not continue to get into these situations. At this point, now she has violated her bond leaving the state, you need to consider discussing with the bondsman revoking your bond agreement with them and let them pull her bond and have her sit in jail where she will be safe and can get the help she obviously needs.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
The. Bondsman got her as soon as she was released from the hospital in Alabama/ she is back in jail. I kept telling the bondsman to go get her/ check on her. I paid him$4000 and he breached the contract by not gettingher when she was still in Nashville/ I had an address in Alabama/ he refused to go get her. I wanted her bond revoked I was the surety/ I had good reason to believe she wouldn't show up for court but he just told me to keep track of everything. When she left jurisdiction which the contract I signed from him states she could t and I had an address in al he should have went and got her. Never mind it sound like u r on his side. I had plenty reasons as surety to have her bond revoked his lawyer told me I should have came and got her from al or tn. No help at all I need a civil lawyer for breach of contract and negligence. He asked me if it sounded like she was being told to say she's ok because he knows that how they do it when they r prostituting them? This was in Nashville he had an address I told him to go check he didn't

Thank you for your reply.

However, it is not the bondsman's job to keep checking on her constantly. If she was violating the bond, you should have immediately revoked your surety agreement while she was in Nashville and then the bondman would have had to take action to revoke her.

It you want assistance and information, I would thank you to avoid letting your frustration with your situation cause you to insult and offend those who are trying to work with you. I am certainly NOT ON THEIR SIDE. All I can do is tell you what the laws are, I cannot represent you and I cannot change the facts you keep telling us or the law.

If you told the bondsman that you were revoking your surety, then he had to go get her and his failure to go pick her up to revoke the bond would be a breach of your contract and you could sue him for breach of contract. You would need to sue them for breach of contract in Nashville if you can prove you revoked your surety and they failed to act when you revoked that surety.

I told him to go get her when I had an address in Alabama when she was out of jurisdiction and I told him he needed to go check if she was where she was suppose to be and if not then revoke her bond. He didn't. So what did I hire him for I thought his job was to revoke bond and I had good reasons for him too. So u r saying I should have came down here and did it myself

Thank you for your reply.

If he was in breach of contract because you told him you were revoking your surety, then he was in breach of contract if he failed to revoke the surety and the bond and you could sue for the costs you incurred for him not doing so as you instructed.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney