legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

Our neighbor hate us they are and we are Hispanic and they

Customer Question

our neighbor hate us they are white and we are Hispanic and they hate us I'm pretty sure they are racist, and they planted a mango tree and other kind of trees along our fence I'm afraid that when those trees grow big they will nock down my fence and even hit our roof, what can I do to let them know that they need to get ready of all those trees and bushes to avoid future conflicts
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no since they moved 4 years ago they been a pain in the butt, they had called the police on us twice once was on a Saturday at 8:00 p.m. and for new years eve, complaining about the music but it wasn't that bad, they are making a big deal out of nothng
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm looking for help about the trees they planted those trees grows big and I don't want to have problems with that
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this; it is frustrating when a neighbor is inconsiderate.

Unfortunately FL is one of the few states that is reluctant to get invovled in neighborly disputes re: trees. However, they do allow a self help remedy, basically stating that a landowner is not liable to persons outside the land for a nuisance resulting from trees growing on the land. The neighboring property owner has the right to trim back any encroaching tree roots or branche which has grown onto or beneath his or her property.

So it is unlikely that a court would order the neighbor to remove the trees; but once they are grown any abutting materials may be cut back.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

I will be out of the office for the next several days on a personal leave; if you have any questions on the above please post here today and I will respond; otherwise I will respond as soon as I return.

It has been a pleasure to assist. If the information has been useful kindly rate positive so the site may credit my account for my time spent assisting you. Thank you.