Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Need to purchase a business. I need lawyer to review the

Customer Question

need to purchase a business. I need lawyer to review the purchasing order document. It is only one page
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Va
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need to send the document for the lawyer to review and give me a call
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i need to send the one page document for review. let me know where to send it?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

I can take a look at it if you can attach it to this chat using the paperclip icon above.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please let me know if you receive it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello

Hello. I just got back today and saw this. I'll review it and get back with you shortly.

OK. I've read the agreement. It seems to be in order from a legal perspective. I say that because I cannot tell you whether this is a good deal, or give you any advice regarding what you want out of the deal. What I can tell you is that it looks legally proper. In order for a contract to be valid, you need three basic elements: 1) an offer; 2) acceptance of that offer; and 3) some consideration for the offer, which is usually money. Assuming this offer is accepted, you have all of that, and it appears to meet legal requirements. Again, I can't say whether this is a good deal or you are getting what you want out of it, I can only tell you that it's a legally valid contract.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the best number to call you to discuss the template?

I'm sorry, but I can only communicate with you through this chat. I am, however, happy to answer any questions you have.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does it mean I can take my deposits back if the deal doesn't work?

If you break the contract after you sign, you'll lose the earnest money. If the other side backs out, you won't lose it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if I am not able to finanace, can I still get my deposit back and how much of that am i losing?

If you can't secure financing, you will lose your earnest money, which is $13k. If you think that is a real concern, you should work that into the contract, or lower your earnest money.