Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a quick question in regards to what my neighbor has

Customer Question

Hello - I have a quick question in regards ***** ***** my neighbor has asked me to do and requirements So my neighbor was pulled over with and the cops found a xanax in his wallet. I take xanax and not sure if i gave him this to hold
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Dallas, TX
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: this just happened on saturday night
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so my neighbor is asking if i can say i gave him the xanax since I'm prescribed it Im not sure if i should help out or what would be needed from me
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

No you should stay out of this.No need for you to be involved, they might try to charge you here.The person was carrying it, it is presumed his, it is his liability.No need to involve yourself in this.He cannot legally hold drugs for you , he has no prescription here, he was in possession.Honestly I don't think he can beat this claiming you told him to hold it.Just tell him you are taking your fifth amendment rights to say nothing.This is not your problem, don't get into it.I just cannot see you getting into this.Again they might involve and charge you , they could claim you were dealing.Again say nothing here, you aren't involved, let it stay that way.You have right to say nothing and stay out of this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.