How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Actulally my friend has stolen an amount of $4300 from my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: actulally my friend has stolen an amount of $4300 from my wardrobe, i already filed a complain against her and now planning to drag her to a small claim court, and i do have her recoding stating that "she wants to compromise and will pay my money in a week time" but now she does not want to pay
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i filled a complaint against my freind for stealing $4300
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes that i have her recording that "she wants to compromise and will pay me back in week time"
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she voluntarily recorded or knowingly recorded her agreement that she owes you the money, then you have that as evidence she owes you the money and that she is now in breach of her promise to pay. So in small claims court you would present her agreement to pay you as the contractual agreement that she is now violating. Once you get a judgment you can ask the court to seize her property or garnish her wages.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.