How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help filling out a motion to quash, california, a

Customer Question

i need help filling out a motion to quash
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a summons from the other party. i have not filed anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What questions do you have about the Motion? What is your basis for quashing the summons?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was served a 3 day notice which was sent via email and did not have the proper amount stated. This was the only communication I had with the land lord
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

That's the only communication you received? Or did you also get a Summons and Complaint for Eviction?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry got a summons that is due today for a response. I had said that earlier when filling out this request
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Yeah, I just got confused when you said the email was the only communication.

You said you need help filling out a motion. What questions do you have? Did you mean that you want someone to draft a motion for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I apologize, but this is a question and answer service. We do not represent or draft documents for customers. If you're looking for someone to write the motion on your behalf, Customer Service can refund your deposit.

A good place to hire a lawyer is

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i can not even find a form to fill out on the web. Where could i find one