How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a license accredited cannabis laboratory in Lake

Customer Question

We have a license accredited cannabis laboratory in Lake Oswego OR. Planning department signed our land use permit for Oregon OLCC. But now wants us to show them a Federal laboratory research certificate. I am not sure what that is or if I really have to have one when I am already OLCC licensed and ORELAP accredited and LO planning department signed my Land Use document for OLCC and issued me two business licenses. What would you recommend we do? Move without a fight or fight the city of Lake Oswego? Can you fight city hall ? :) Lori
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They sent me a letter giving me till Dec 30 16 to come up with this certificate and I answered with a letter saying I was confused and needed 30 days to find council. I have sent out some messages looking for support but the holidays do not make it easy.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no except we spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to set up lab After Lake Oswego gave us the signed document saying NO our facility is not against any laws. If we have to move it will put us out of business since it took over 16 months to get up and running and we have only been able to take customers since Dec 16, 2016
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You cannot get a federal research certificate, marijuana is against the federal laws and they will not issue any such permits. You need to go through the OR Department of Public Health and you need to get them to contact the Planning Board to explain to them that they are requiring something not requited under Oregon law. See:

The web page at that link tells you all that is required for the laboratory to operate and if you comply with that, then the planning commission cannot deny you the permission based on state laws.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.