How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bank fraud, new york, yes, I filed a police complaint and a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: bank fraud
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, I filed a police complaint and a complaint with the federal reserve - long story short I had an assistant working for me who deposited my business checks into her personal account and the bank cashed them - now I am fighting the banks to get my money back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The checks were writing out to my business and she was able to cash them using the a.t.m machine - I would like to sue the bank.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She had no authorization or access to my account - she is currently arrested and facing grand larceny charges but the banks are giving me a hard time and not returning my money.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

What is your question?