Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I was typing and got cut off my husband accused of gropping

Customer Question

I was typing and got cut off my husband accused of gropping a 16 male at our home during a new years eve party
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Contact supposedly while both fully clothed
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 7 months ago.

This is attorney Bill offering assistance.

Because criminal laws or different from State to State, what State did this occur in ?

Does the accused have any previous similar convictions ?

Has he been arrested or contacted by law enforcement ?

This will help me outline the possible repercussions if any

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Arizona, absolutely no previous convictions, never even had a traffic violation
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Has not been arrested nor contacted by police

Because the potential victim is a minor, this will increase the severity of any charge.

I will outline what I believe at this moment as to be a potential charge :

Public sexual indecency

"

13-1403. Public sexual indecency; public sexual indecency to a minor; classification

A. A person commits public sexual indecency by intentionally or knowingly engaging in any of the following acts, if another person is present, and the defendant is reckless about whether such other person, as a reasonable person, would be offended or alarmed by the act:

1. An act of sexual contact.

2. An act of oral sexual contact.

3. An act of sexual intercourse.

4. An act of bestiality.

B. A person commits public sexual indecency to a minor if the person intentionally or knowingly engages in any of the acts listed in subsection A of this section and such person is reckless about whether a minor who is under fifteen years of age is present.

C. Public sexual indecency is a class 1 misdemeanor. Public sexual indecency to a minor is a class 5 felony.

D. A person who is convicted of a felony violation of this section and who has two or more historical prior felony convictions for a violation of this section or section 13-1402 involving indecent exposure or public sexual indecency to a minor who is under fifteen years of age shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment as follows"

The above offense applies where another person witnessed the act.

There are a number of other possible charges :

For these purposes the term sexual contact is defined by the legislative as :

"3. "Sexual contact" means any direct or indirect touching, fondling or manipulating of any part of the genitals, anus or female breast by any part of the body or by any object or causing a person to engage in such contact."

The offense of sexual abuse : "

3-1404. Sexual abuse; classification

A. A person commits sexual abuse by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual contact with any person who is fifteen or more years of age without consent of that person or with any person who is under fifteen years of age if the sexual contact involves only the female breast.

B. It is not a defense to a prosecution for a violation of this section that the other person consented if the other person was fifteen, sixteen or seventeen years of age and the defendant was in a position of trust.

C. Sexual abuse is a class 5 felony unless the victim is under fifteen years of age in which case sexual abuse is a class 3 felony punishable pursuant to section 13-705."

It can be a defense to the charge of sexual abuse if there was consent and he was over 15 years of age.

These are the two most likely charges

There are defenses to the two charges, mistake or accident to public indecency and consent to the last charge.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE COUNT ON POSITIVE RATING

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT, SO PLEASE RATE BEFORE EXITING

THANKS

Bill

PLEASE REMEMBER

This is attorney Bill following up on your question.

I answer your question a while back but you never followed through so is there anything else in relation to your question that remains ?

POSITIVE RATINGS GIVE ME A CREDIT FOR MY TIME

OTHERWISE I DON’T RECEIVE THIS

Thanks

Bill