Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question regarding child custody, United States,

Customer Question

I have a question regarding child custody
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: United States, particularly California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son is two years old, the opposing parent has never seen him once, nor is he on the birth certificate
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

So to be clear, you were never married to the father, he did not establish paternity of the child, and he hasn't seen the child in two years. Has he ever paid support? Thank you.