Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Whos responseibility is the shut off vavle to the water

Customer Question
coming into the property of...
whos responseibility is the shut off vavle to the water coming into the property of a residence
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ca-
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: its a privete water co. and they want me to pay to have it s location found so they have record of it shouldnt i be the one asking them where it is
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
1/2/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

That depends on the situation. Is this a landlord/tenant matter? Or are you buying, or selling? Etc - what is the background?

own
Okay. So you own the property. And you have running water, but feel that you should not pay for it because you never requested the water?
Or... what exactly?
Tina, Lawyer