Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son is involved with part ownership of a home in Pasadena

Customer Question

My son is involved with part ownership of a home in Pasadena Maryland, and the other part which is only 40% to her present husband. because of personal issues between the two of them, the home is now in the hands of Natioal Real Estate Solutions. i want to know if there is away to save this home that I and my wife build when we were in our twenties. Due to Kidney disease my ex-wife trusted her husband to do the right thing, but instead he spent the money and is now gone and my son has also lift the property. There are inquirers wanting to claim the property because it is believed it was abandon, if they can make that kind of claim, as my son's next of kin can I make the same claim to some how save the home.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The location is Pasadena Maryland 21122
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: That is a good question, because if there any legal notices on file or even an eviction notice I would not have seen it because I did not live at the home with my son and the other occupant.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to save the home of the most wonderful person you could know, and her memory does not deserve to do down in the dirt because of irresponsible people she thought she could trust.
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this; so to be clear, the son and another party own the home; but it is currently in foreclosure?