How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sued Parc Darien Lake. Randall Drew CEO. We signed an

Customer Question

I sued Parc Darien Lake. Randall Drew CEO. We signed an Settlement Memorandum on 11/12/14, for $100,000. 4 payments. The first CNL Income Darien Lake,LLC,CNL,Lifestyles Properties, INC $15,000.00 within 21 days of signing the agreement, which I received, but late. The next wasParc Darien Lake,LLC and Parc Management LLC and d/b/a Darien Lake Resort will pay $85,000.00 as follows: 35,000.00 on 1/10/15, 25,000.00 on 7/31/15, 25,000.00 on 8/31/15. I have received everything Late but received except the last payment of 25,000.00. Which with interest as of 9/6/16 is $27,438.12. Did filled a Judgement ith no prevail. Is there anything I can Do to get my money?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Sorry Ne York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A Judgement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

because you entered a settlement and did not get a money judgment from the court, if the party settling with you did not pay on time the only thing that you can now do is to sue them again for Breach of Contract. When you do, you can sue for state allowable interest since the date of settlement on the payments that were not made as well as the debt owed. With the money judgment you get from the court when you sue again, you can then attach assets of the defendants' and have them sold by the Sheriff to pay the debt owed you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.


It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,