Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I purchased a used vehicle from a dealership in August

Customer Question

I purchased a used vehicle from a dealership in August .Since then the car has to been jumped started six or seven times. It has a warranty but the charge me for the last repair. What can I do?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just with the dealership
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I financed the car and . paying for a car that won't run.
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is the written warranty still in effect?

.

Was the repair this time not covered by the written warranty?

.

Or is it covered but they are refusing to pay for it?

.

Did you have to pay to get the vehicle back this time?

.

What was their explanation about why it wasn't a covered repair?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had to pay $45 to brinf my cae back. It is supposed to be a 24 month warranty. The fist several times someone from the service department came out and jump started it. Then i had to call a tow company to stat it. They gave me the number for yhr company. The last time they said it had to be towed. They supposedly replaced the battery but that was not the problem This last time they said it had something to do with the wires.

Ok, if this was supposed to be a covered repair under warranty, and they won't pay for it, then your recourse is to sue them in small claims court for breach of contract for a refund of anything that you had to pay. It sounds like it is a starter or alternator problem and they don't want to pay to have it replaced..

.

If you filed suit against them, they will likely quickly settle with you rather than having to go to court to lose..

.

.

thanks