Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I had to give up my daughter 44 yrs ago and now she found

Customer Question

I had to give up my daughter 44 yrs ago and now she found me, Now she wants to know her father and her father and I said we would not give out that info. Her birth certificate I did not put his name on but she is trying to find him. will she be able too.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do yp mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: could she find him after his name was not on it. and I was in an unwed home also.
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

No you would decide whether to release the information here.It is unlikely anybody else knows since he wasn't on birth certificate and is likely listed just as unknown.I don't think she would know unless you were to give her the information.I would seriously consider doing so here, since she is an adult it might allow her to find her bio father.He isn't liable and if he doesn't want to speak to her thats his right, but maybe he would like to see here and know of her.This is strictly your call , she likely cannot find his name otherwise.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Excellent Thanks
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You are so welcome, Happy New year too.Thanks for rating 5 stars.