How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33144
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to have my parents will checked on, my father died

Customer Question

I need to have my parents will checked on, my father died several years ago and it might of bend processed behind my back by sibelings
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don"t know- I was not included by survior
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Another will in question is my aunts ,florence morgan, oklahoma city, ok
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is about my parents will. My father died several years ago and it might of bend processed by a sibeling with out my knowledge(stolen)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never knew what was in it-from what i know it was diveded behind my back
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

For the will to go through probate an estate would need to be opened with the court for the county where your father was a resident on his date of death. Once the will is filed with the court it is a public record whcih may be accessed by anyone.

So, all you need to to do is contact the clerk of the court and request a copy of the will on file or go in person and request the court file to examine its contents.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since i"m gone all the time , i might need a lawyer , to check- i have reason to believe it was stolen , karl buys ( my father) died at home in blue springs, mo- my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, state bar regulations prohibit me from representing you.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?