Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a veteran served 4 years active duty 6 active reserve

Customer Question

i am a veteran served 4 years active duty 6 active reserve in u.s. navy worked hard as navy corpman seeing as many 160 patients a day at navy hospital with 5 other staff members I served to the best of ability.a year ago I married my wife she has had medicaid heath insurance with special benefits she is diabled her ex was a vietnam vet doing 2 tours with special sevices he was expose to agent orange which indirectly exposed her she was divorced from him 30 years ago he threatened to kill her the v.a. does not know whether shes covered or not one agent said she is another says shes not through champva sha had to be exposed to agent orange thorugh intamacy with her first husband is there anyway she can be insured througrh champva if i pay an insurance premium otherwise her bills with an outside supplemnet will run as high as 1400.00 /mth just in costs not covered
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: sorry my computer is down and cant to my emails
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: s.c.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: all im trying to do is find it the v.a.guidelines as to where and how she can get coverage i dont want to seperate i dont want to go bankrupt and i certainly want to protect her health as best i can
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she has been divorced for 30 years and she was not directly exposed to Agent Orange she would not get coverage. Agent Orange is an herbicide and it is not spread through blood or sexual contact. I am afraid. Also, if she has not been covered under her ex spouse's benefits by being married for more than 10 years and she is not still single, she would not have coverage under those benefits I am sorry to inform you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.