How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DNR has sent me 5 tickets here in Florida, I pleaded not

Customer Question

DNR has sent me 5 tickets here in Florida, I pleaded not guilty as per the instructions of the Dnr agent who sent the tickets to me , I then asked for a pre trial phone hearing they sent me a new set of tickets telling me I must appear in Madison court on feb 17th is there any out for me to get a reduced fine without appearing in court?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is a hunting tickets for buying a hunting license and not being a state of wisconsin resident
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they sent me a required to appear in court feb 17th 2017
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would plead no contest to a reduced fine
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You will need to personally appear or hire an attorney in WI to have them appear in court and ask the court to waive your personal appearance, which they can do. The only way to get a reduced charge/fine and some of the charges dismissed would be appearing in court either personally or with an attorney to negotiate some deal with the prosecutor. Generally, the best deals go to those who use attorneys who frequently practice in that court, so in the long run it is typically best for you to hire an attorney in Madison and have them show up and get your appearance waived and negotiate a deal for you as you are out of state. Do not wait until the last minute, start working on this next week, because the attorney you hire will need some time to get the waiver of appearance waived and to negotiate with the prosecutor. If the appearance does not get waived by the judge you MUST appear in court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.