Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I got a ticket for driving on suspended license and DUI in

Customer Question

I got a ticket for driving on suspended license and DUI in Goodyear, AZ. My alcohol content was .102 and .096. I was not given a court date and I did not see a judge before being released. I was told my due process rights may have been violated.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you have to post a bond or were you just released and processed by the police?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not post bond
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was told that my due process rights may have been violated since I haven't seen a judge yet.

If you were ticketed, released and will be sent a notice to appear, without a bond being set, you do not need to go before a Judge. You will go before the Judge and be arraigned, once your case is filed by the State and they formally charge you. It would be at that time you are read the charges and if you can be appointed legal counsel, who can work on your case and see if you have any defenses. If there was an issue with any due process rights being violated, they could use this to help you case and get evidence suppressed and dismissed, as the law allows.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!