How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116705
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering if the person was able to get the stay on

Customer Question

I was wondering if the person was able to get the stay on tje 5 fay sherriffs notice to vacate becabecaim in the same situsituation L.A. county
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes i got a red letter notice to vacate by jan 4 by sherriffs department
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If i can be sent the same links
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A stay on a 5 day notice is very hard to obtain unless you have some good cause for the court to consider. Even if they do grant a stay, it typically will not be more than an additional 5 days and you will need to file in court on Tuesday as soon as you can. This is something you need an attorney typically to represent you on. However, here are the forms, if there already has been an order of eviction,
IF you only just received the 5 day notice of unlawful detainer, then you need to go to court and get form UD-105 answer to unlawful detainer and file it with the clerk and a hearing will be set
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.