FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
89910983

I have a question, it's kind of regarding attorney ethics

Customer Question

HI,
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a question, it's kind of regarding attorney ethics and an immigration case
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: WY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Some stuff has been filed I think My question is about what do if my attorney isn't very availible to answer my questions Is that a bad sign
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know what I need to expect as far as my attorneys communication level and work ethic
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

If your attorney isn't available to answer your questions, it is indeed a very bad sign that your attorney is too busy for you. There are plenty of lawyers who would love to have your business. The #1 complaint about lawyers is that we don't return phone calls. I return my clients' phone calls usually the same day, the next day at the very latest although I try to make it the same day.There's no excuse.

Your attorney is responsible for making sure you are taken care of legally, and that you're happy with his/her representation. If not, there are other lawyers out there. If your lawyer isn't corresponding with you now, what's going to happen later when the case gets underway? If you're unhappy with your lawyer, you're better off finding another one soon and replace the one you have.

There's no need to have a lawyer, and pay a lawyer, if the lawyer is not going to be responsive to you. That's not good practice, it's not exactly ethical and if the lawyer never corresponds with you or takes a long time to respond, such as a week or more, now you're talking about ethical issues indeed.

Does that answer your question or do you need more information?

I can certainly look for lawyers in your area if you'd like. We can't make direct referrals but I can send you a list of lawyers and then I have a free guide which I give to my customers here, free of charge. My customers tell me they have found excellent lawyers from the info I send them. The guide is short and easy to understand. I would pick a lawyer this way too if I needed one for myself in another field of law.

Please let me know if you need any more information, such as where to find an attorney in your area, or anything else related to this question.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars) and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

Best of luck to you!

Happy New Year!

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you or if there is any more information that you need. Thanks!

Customer/p>