Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The port of camas and Washougal bought my home with property

Customer Question
Jane, the port of camas...
Jane, the port of camas and Washougal bought my home with property and when I refinanced I had enough eqity I put my second lot deed of trust reconvayed the loan into my name it went into foreclosure but the property wasn't used in lieu of the loan ,they were paid , I told them that was the case they said they could appraisal it with the to lots as one . Question can they legally do this
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I talked to the commissioner ,went to the public meetings to try to get someone to listin city, they took my home to the grounds within one month of going tonthe public meeting, I wasn't able to remove my things from the garage ,and one of the employees had my chair that my grand mother gave me I found that odd
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
IF the two lots were legally separated with separate deeds, but owned by the same owner, they can offer a fair market value price for both lots as one lot. However, the issue in these condemnation cases is they often undervalue the land. So you need to get a local appraiser to give you a proper appraisal and you could sue them in court for the additional money. Also, they were supposed to give you time to remove your things from your property and if they did not do so, then you can sue them for the value of the personal property they destroyed and refused to allow you to recover.
This means you need to get your appraiser first and then a local land use or real estate attorney to sue them for the proper value of your land they took.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney