Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband is being sued for a declaratory judgment. Would

Customer Question
Hi. My husband is being...
Hi. My husband is being sued for a declaratory judgment. Would he need an attorney who practices in federal court or state court. Thank you
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They filed a complaint but he has not been served yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, it's a frivolous complaint filed by his father. He has evidence of everything. His dad , I think, has alzheimers. He has a younger woman who wants to take the properties in the corporation. We are
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
12/25/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Likely this is a civil state court suit here so he needs one that has state of Florida license.It wouldn't hurt to get one that has both.Here is lawyer referral through the state bar.They cover whole state.

Lawyer Referral Service Online - Available 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

I appreciate the chance to help you.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I wish you a Happy Holidays.

Ray, Lawyer