Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have been harassed and threatened by someone who has been

Customer Question

I have been harassed and threatened by someone who has been slandering my name and she has been threatening my 11 year. Daughter saying that she is going to have her raped and killed by 12 men
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You should report this to the police.It is a crime to threaten a person with harm.Also if you are able t identify the person you are able to sue for defamation.You can seek damages from here from this person for your harm to yourself including career and mental anguish.Certainly you would want to report this to the police and consider such a civil suit.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I am so sorry you have had to deal with this.You do have remedies.

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Damages Awarded for Defamation in New York

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Defamation includes slander and libel. Slander covers defamatory statements. Libel covers defamatory writings. Defamation can be personal, or about your business. You can sue here for such damages under the law.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

I wish you a Happy Holidays.