Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

What can I do about be harassment from this lady, fl, yes

Customer Question

what can I do about be harassment from this lady
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes this lady lives next door from me and has been harassment us every seen we brought this place
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we file a code enforcement on our chicken at is next to her fence, line
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

What is she specifically doing to harass you? Is she threatening physical harm?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she has been calling the cops on us and on she file code enforcement on us about are chicken beening to close to her fence line and we wouldn't move them before but now she file papers again us to have it 50 feet from her fence line , but she has chicken and ducks that isn't 50 feet from the fence
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Are you in violation of the code?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we don't talk to her or anything and she has been harassment us on everything now
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Are her complaints in bad faith? Are you in violation?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it saids we have be 50 feet fron her fence line , but her chicken are not 50 from the fence line from own place .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she don't like us seens we brought this place off her granddaug and we don't deal with her ant more , just the granddaug ,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we just want her to leave us alone , we have 6 years find on this place , and we don't want deal with her any more .its one thing after another with her
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

As a general rule, complaints to law enforcement, if made in good faith, are privileged. If she is making these complaints to the police in bad faith you may have a claim for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.

If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:

1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;

2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;

3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence; and,

4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that she retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in court for this matter. Also, any cease and desist letter will carry more impact on attorney letterhead.

If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you tell me if there is somebody , in lake wales fl , I can talk to today ,
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for following up with me.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Also, The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program: https://www.floridabar.org/divpgm/lronline.nsf/wreferral6?OpenForm