How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to bring an employee from our partner company located

Customer Question

I need to bring an employee from our partner company located in China to the United States for about two months. This is for seasonal work traveling to universities in the United States to promote our summer educational program in China to Chinese students on campuses across the United States. The person I want to bring over has extensive knowledge of our program and is experienced in promoting it to Chinese students in the United States. We do not hire anyone full time in the U.S. and it would be difficult to find an American who both speaks Mandarin and can quickly learn the details about our program. I need help determining which visa we should apply for and the relevant documentation that would be required.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you considered the L visa, which is a visa for someone to work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge. This individual must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years. You would apply under the specialized knowledge part of the requirement.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.