How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm being sued for a car accident that took place two years

Customer Question

I'm being sued for a car accident that took place two years ago. It happened at an intersection; someone ran a red light, but it was never determined who was at fault. There was no ticket given to either of us. My vehicle was totaled, while theirs was barely damaged. I am directed to file a written answer within 20 days. Should I hire a lawyer and counter sue?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There was a claim filed two years ago. Everything was reported, so yes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this; were the insurance companies involved?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They were at the time, but I am insured with a different company now, and they said they can't do anything.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I try to counter sue?