Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Insurance fraud first time offender charged fraud Assistant:

Customer Question
Insurance fraud first time offender...
Insurance fraud first time offender charged fraud
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Filed a claim false information claimed filed for the second time in the state of maryland
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Can a deal be done with the prosecutor
12/9/2016
Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law

Good evening. The answer is "yes"... it is standard operating procedure for a prosecutor to offer a plea bargain with a first-time, non-violent offender. There are two types of people who enter the criminal justice system: there are people who make a mistake, learn their lesson, and go on to live productive lives. There are also people who are in and out of the system their entire lives. For those having first-time contact with the criminal justice system, they are more interested in making sure that you don't come back than they are making sure that you are punished. You can typically expect an offer at your first court hearing.

Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (it does not cost anything extra to do so and it is the only way I may be credited for my answers.) Thank you!

Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law