ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I live in NY state can I sue a person in Chicago Illinois?

Customer Question

I live in NY state can I sue a person in Chicago Illinois? Cook county
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, you could, but I assume that you want more information. Can you tell me a bit more about your situation and your question? That is, are you asking whether you can sue in Cook County, or in NY state? What is the case regarding?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mobile check fraud scam. Owed bank money withdrawn after check bounced. Person sending check in illinois.

You can certainly sue in Illinois (Cook County) as that county would have jurisdiction over the person and the matter. Is that the information that you're seeking? Or do you have another question that you want answered?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

There was a payment failure for some reason. You should be contacted by the website to fix it. But you can continue your question here if you want. Please clarify the information that you're seeking.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question>?

Hello?