How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19653
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been trying to get help on my aunt estste, New york,

Customer Question

I have been trying to get help on my aunt estste
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well when she died I had gone down to bronx court house to be a pointed to handle her monies but was advised to speak with the deputy public administration her name was Matilde Sanchez she advise us she can help us I was concerned because my aunt was a correction officer and had guns in the apt and people whom weren't relative's were entering the apt many calls were directed to her office and no call backs and then one of my aunts friends called to tell us they were cleaning out the apt but never notify us about it so personal things like pictures were destroyed then we got a letter from Rodman & Campbell office that they were handling it I went to the office provided the funeral information my payment and who I was she asked for a person who new my aunt to veify knowing us as her nephew and neices which she did no call back but a letter sent that they sent the information over to office of unclaim funds I requesting help to go after the money and to sue these to unlawful attorneys
JA: I'm trying to find the right Solicitor for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this has been a on going thing since 2014
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would need to contact the office of unclaimed funds and file application for the funds. You do not need an Attorney to file for the claim.

Next, if the Attorneys misused your aunt's estate, then you can get a local Attorney who handles probate litigation to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,