How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i refuse a court order by reserving my right of that

Customer Question

Can i refuse a court order by reserving my right of that precedure and refusing to accept there offer..Neutral Consent????...i have been summoned and i believe it to be unconstitutional and i have a right of refusal and right to not accept the courts off..
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

A court order is not an "offer" - and you do not have an opportunity to "accept" it. Refusing to comply with a court order can result in sanctions (if this is a civil matter it will usually be money sanctions, so the court will fine you, if it continues it may even result in jail time (it can also take on other forms, such as procedural sanctions, etc.); if this is a criminal matter, it almost always results in jail time, but it can also be financial sanctions (again a fine), or procedural sanctions).

Your procedural mechanism to dispute a court order is to file a "motion for reconsideration" (a motion filed with the same court), or a "writ" (a special type of appellate procedure - filed with the appellate court, I highly recommend retaining an appellate attorney if you plan on filing a writ, if you do not have the resources for retaining a lawyer, visit your local law library and look for an appellate "practice guide" as this will have information on the procedure).