How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband plead guilty and currently is serving his

Customer Question

My husband plead guilty and currently is serving his sentence. At sentencing he had a forfeiture and restitution decree.. i sold our home and they are taking his portion of the sale of the house to settle a portion of his forfeiture and restitution. They are holding all of the proceeds of the sale. They have not released my portion of the house and i do not know what kind of lawyers handle this
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Va
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes i guess since his sentencing was in an Alexandria federal court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just wamt to get my portion of the proceeds so i can get a place for me and my kids to live
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 10 months ago.

how long has it been since the sale?