DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I've had a judgement against me at my apartment, virginina,

Customer Question

I've had a judgement against me at my apartment
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: virginina virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They did turn possession over to the landlord but its been several weeks and I still havent been served an eviction notice I want to get out here in the next few days but it still hasnt hit my credit report that's really what I'm curious about
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if judgments always get reported to the credit bureaus?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.

While it is hard to say always because errors can occur, but generally yes, judgments entered in courts usually make their way to credit reports. Sometimes it can take many months to happen though.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If otherwise I have a good credit and up to date will that have a huge impact on home purchase in a year or 2? Any opportunity to get it expunged before purchase?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately, it probably will have an impact. Perhaps not so much on your score if everything else is in order but a new lender may demand that you payoff that judgment before they will make a home loan to you. That is what I would expect to happen.

The only ways to get rid of it are bankruptcy, agreement to pay less than the full amount with the creditor or paying it in full.

What you might do is wait 3-6 months and monitor your credit and see if it shows up there. If it does, contact the creditor to try and make a deal to pay some amount and have the judgment satisfied in time for you to purchase a house.