Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My relative was in transit in Amsterdam when he met with a

Customer Question
friend who he knew years...
My relative was in transit in Amsterdam when he met with a friend who he knew years ago. They were checking in, and his friend told him to hold his briefcase. Friend was still with him. He said a security person asked him for the briefcase and told him that they want to check. Friend said that the briefcase belongs to him. Security found drugs in it. Friend was charged and the security also took him in police custody and telling him that he is an accomplice. They did not allow him to call US Embassy and found him a crooked lawyer who is an extortionist and asking him $600K to pay immediately otherwise will erase all records of his innocence and will put him in jail. Police is involved in it. I have all detailed emails from this dishonest attorney and shows clear pressure and extortion.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It is in Amsterdam in Netherlands. It happened late Saturday in Amsterdam and I was informed yesterday.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I do not know all the details filed. But I believe that they only found his hand print on the briefcase and nothing else. I do not think they have a case but they are trying to put one up, because they found out that he is a monied man and can pay $600k for their benefit. They are extortionist. He asked them to contact me because he is nearest to me. He is a renowned engineering and won a large international project in Malayasia and working there. He is my fiance and calls me his wife because he was on his way to Los Angeles to get married. He is being held without bail. Police and the attorney are both extorting him. What solution you offer? I want him out of jail and back in plane. As I understand, under normal circumstances he is to be questioned and investigated, and then released unless proven guilty. Only thing they have on him is his finger prints on the brief case that he was holding, but the owner of the brief case claimed that it was his and my fiance was just holding it while he was collecting his other items.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what options I have to get him released from Amsterdam, who to contact. I have all extortionist emails as evidence.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, you have became a victim of a common online Romance SCAM!

Did you meet this "fiancee" online and did you send him any money yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No money sent. He is asking to send money. I do not have any source. He is from San Diego, CA. I did meet him. He was on his way to Los Angeles. Do you think that I fly over there and see what exactly going on ?

Where did you meet this person?

Did you meet this person in person?

Please provide me with more details about how you know this person?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I WANT MY MONEY BACK. THE QUESTION WAS ALREADY ANSWERED.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law