I am a domestic violence survivor and have been in a Federal…

Customer Question
I am a domestic violence...
I am a domestic violence survivor and have been in a Federal Protection program that has kept my family safe since my sons were born eight years ago. I enrolled in a support program because both of my children are disabled but was reluctant because it is through DHS and I am very careful what programs my family is involved with. The caseworker came to my home for our first visit and we started paperwork which immediately was asking questions about the paternal father. I have been instructed by my attorney and domestic violence advocate not to write down any information about the father and after explaining this and politely declining this portion of the paperwork, she kept trying to convince me in a way that made me feel very threatened. She told me she would check with her supervisor to make sure "that's ok". Is this illegal? Prior to her second visit she said that she "needed pictures" of my boys and would bring her camera which I also respectfully ***** ***** have since not invited her for a home visit but do not know how to handle this situation without drawing attention to myself. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/28/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Because of your situation, you should not and have no legal obligation to disclose the information. You need to inform the CPS social worker, who by the way are the most incompetent and negligent people you will ever deal with, that if she has an issue and if she keeps this up you will turn everything over to your attorney and you will pursue her in court if the father ever gets any information from her for violation of your civil rights and violation of the federal protection programs.
You need to contact your federal program case worker and also your attorney and have THEM contact this case worker's supervisor and make it clear to them. I also would not allow them into your home any further for visits and to this point you have done the right thing.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.