How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56852
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Aunt had me and my sister appointed as Power of attorney

Customer Question

My Aunt had me and my sister appointed as Power of attorney then got mad at us and would not talk to us for over a year. (07.3.2015. End of Sept she fell and broke her hip and called these friends carried her out to the car and took her to the hospital.... She say she has been in Memorial Hospital, Grandview, Abbott and now Golden living. She called me Friday night crying... I went to the Rehab center immediate after talking with her.... She has made statement that she was not suppose to call us, they will not bring her purse to her and she/they have rebuke the power of attorney we created in 2015. I there any way we can take it back... I am concern about her and would like to talk with the nursing home
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We received no info when she change the Bank account and Now I talked to the social worker and she is changed her mind again...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Gerri has some moneyy and we are afraid that this is what they want... She borrow money to Karen and when she asked for it back she stated she had money and did not needed it.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 months ago.

are you asking how to best deal with possible abuse allegations? how to address them?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do we have any right that we are family? She just lied to the Social Worker
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I* do not have money for this
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 months ago.

You can have such a person held to report. The court can be asked to order an accounting and removal of the person. If any funds wrongly taken, those would be ordered returned. The court can also award legal fees and damages, plus a restraint on further conduct.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 months ago.

Is the answer clear and acceptable?

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Have a happy holiday season!