How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5613
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had some payroll indescretions and left my job. Should I

This answer was rated:

Had some payroll indescretions and left my job. Should I wait to be contacted from my previous employer before obtaining an attorney?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Employer knows about it and I'm sure they are inspecting
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that's it

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response.

It would be wise to retain an attorney at this point. Pay him her for a consultation, explain the exact indiscretions, and direct the employer or law enforcement to him/her if and when either call. In most instances these are purely civil matters; the police want nothing to do with them...unless there is heavy embezzlement happening. But, it never hurts to be safe and if this should happen you do not want to incriminate yourself and you want the person representing you to be up to speed on the matter.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating before you exit this chat as it is the only way I get credit for my work. If you have any questions in the future regarding this matter come back to this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks and good luck with the matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.


John and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you