How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I need to know what to file. My ex fiancé lives in

Customer Question

well I need to know what to file. My ex fiancé lives in Alabama now with the guy she cheated on me with and I need to make it where all legal actions take place here in texas before my two kids who are with her become Alabama residents.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no maam
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so other than they've been there 3 months already and Alabama law says if your there for 6 months you can become a resident and I don't want that
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, the children lived in Texas before moving to Alabama 3 months ago? And they lived in Texas for at least 6 months?

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 8 months ago.

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?