How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42835
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I have a divorce decree that clearly states what days

Customer Question

well I have a divorce decree that clearly states what days my ex and I should possess our kids....she is now trying to keep the kids on my day of possession and i want to know what I need to do to get them back on my scheduled day
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is just what I need help with
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

She is in contempt of court.You need to file a motion for contempt and set this for a show cause hearing.She can be jailed and fined and other sanctions by the judge.

Here are forms and self help.The first form is sample letter you send to the other party threatening contempt.

You can file this pro se without a lawyer here.

I appreciate the chance to help tonight. I am so sorry this has happened to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.