How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39031
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What paper work do I file to open a suit for leaner and

Customer Question

What paper work do I file to open a suit for leaner and level with damages and coercion
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A family friend is being coerced by bis sister into a concervatership due on part to his neighbors using slander and libel to damage him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it legal for a public official to use his status to get favors from people that hold other offices specifically if they do something to harm someone else
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 months ago.


A slander or libel action falls under the scope of the general term: "defamation of character." You must file a "complaint" stating the facts which if proved true at summary judgment or trial would require that the court give judgment in your favor.

The Calfornia Judicial Council provides some forms that you can fill out.





However, the forms are extremely "bare bones," and you many need some knowledge of legal pleadings to be able to use the forms properly. A lawyer would not use the forms. Instead, the attorney would draft this type of pleading from scratch, on plain paper based upon the specific facts of the case.

Concerning a public official using status to obtain favors, that's something that public officials do all the time. However, if there is an exchange of something of value, in order to obtain a favor, then that is a criminal offense. Penal Code 67 et seq.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can send you a premium services offer, so as to provide my contact information, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks for using Justanswer!