Marc
Marc, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Attorney
77496635

Can you legally put a harness on a toddler in Pennsylvania

Customer Question

Can you legally put a harness on a toddler in Pennsylvania to keep them under control.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no Just heard someone saying they were going to do it and wondered if it is legal
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Marc replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Marc. I'm a licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

There is no law in PA - or anywhere, for that matter - that prohibits such use of harnesses. You'll be just as likely to see them in use in airports, malls, and elsewhere in PA as at Disney World (where they're quite common). Similarly, there is no prohibition on using them at home either. Obviously, the harness has to be safe and used in a manner that causes no harm to the child. So it's best to use one that is specifically designed for use by toddlers.

I hope this answers your question! If so, please be sure to rate my answer, since that is the only way I can receive credit.

Kind regards,

Marc