How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with a vendor repairing my pickup I paid

Customer Question

I have a problem with a vendor repairing my pickup I paid him up front but now he's not doing anything
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: I'm in Fort Worth Texas the truck is a 1995 GMC pickup
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have me quotes signed by me and vendor and I have cancelled checks
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You have two main options in a situation like this. First, you could sue for specific performance and ask the court to require the mechanic to complete the work as agreed/as paid. Second, you could sue for breach of contract and ask the court for an order granting you possession of the vehicle plus the return of your money. This would be the option to take if you no longer wish this mechanic to do the work on your truck.