Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My grandma has left me thinking that i have native American

Customer Question

My name is***** and my grandma has left me thinking that i have native American inheritance.
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to know if i am entitled to anything of native American inheritance
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the tribe itself that she belonged to, as they would have records as should your grandmother have some records?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I really dont know where they could be but i need help locating Cherokee
Thank you for your reply.
You need to start by contacting the tribal nations in the area where your grandmother resided. If you need help with that, then you need to contact the US Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs for assistance, www.bia.gov. Once you locate the proper tribe then you can begin your inquiry.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.