Do I have the option of taking the Fifth Amendment when

called to testify by subpoena...
Do I have the option of taking the Fifth Amendment when called to testify by subpoena in a criminal domestic violence case in which I'm the victim and if so what are the ramifications
11/24/2016
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Thank for your follow up.

Unfortunately, the 5th Amendment only applies in cases where the person might incriminate himself / herself and not when the testimony might incriminate another person.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if I feel my testimony May incriminate me

Thank you for your follow up.

It would be up to the judge to determine whether answering any question at the testimony might or might not incriminate the person who is testifying and the judge in some cases might do so in his/her chambers.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law