How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A couple of days weeks ago my bf got drunk and someone

Customer Question

a couple of days weeks ago my bf got drunk and someone called the cops but I donto go to school with my boyfriend so I'm a guest on campus but I forgot to get a guest this officer rejected my military id then ate I tell them I don't have a guest pass they tell me I can stay in the dorm with my boyfriend and then kick mr out in freezing cold weather so my boyfriends friend Mike offers to sign me in and they say he can't cuz of my I'd and the cop doesn't like my attitude so now I'm banbed from residents halls it's so unfair can I take them to court and would I win
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't stay in then dorm
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Forget it it's not with it can I have my money back
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this situation, but unfortunately yes, they can deny you entry from the dormitories (or even campus in its entirety).

I would also recommend that you approach this matter cautiously as ignoring the officer's instruction can lead to a charge of criminal or civil trespass (which if I understand your situation correctly) will not only have negative repercussions in civilian court, but can also significantly effect your military career.

Not being able to be with your boyfriend on campus may appear to be a significant issue at this particular time, but it is not something that warrants paying for an attorney (the cost of doing so does not merit any potential return - the school has the high legal ground).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I have my money back
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

I will forward your question to customer service.