How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4497
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I general. My licence was suspended in p.a. in 1998. Never

Customer Question

I general. My licence was suspended in p.a. in 1998. Never got it back since (total suspensions was 19 years) so if I would go to georgia, I can apply as of I never had a license. And I will get it????
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 months ago.


Sorry to hear about your situation. It is possible but not guaranteed. Georgia is not a member of the Driver's License Compact. 45 states are members and must honor the suspensions and revocations of other states as part of the agreement. So Georgia does not have to honor Pennsylvania's suspension. However, all 50 states do use a centralized database so they have access to the information of all the other states. So Georgia would have access to the information and they could deny you a license based on this. Or they may not because it is so old. But they don't have to follow the suspension so it is possible that you could get a license there. It is just not a guarantee.

Related Legal Questions