Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have an idea for a service business that is not being

Customer Question
offered where I live, how...
I have an idea for a service business that is not being offered where I live, how do I go about protecting my idea to keep another party from taking the idea and starting a business before I can?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2016
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Good evening. Legally ideas generally are not protected. However you can attempt to patent it there is a unique process. You also want to have confidentiality agreements signed by Anyone you share the idea before launching. After you want to keep major aspects on a need to know basis. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney