Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

It's a little complicated, but here goes. I paid a bondsman

Customer Question
It's a little complicated, but...
It's a little complicated, but here goes. I paid a bondsman to bail my brother out of jail, when his next court date came up the judge said that he should've never been bailed out and he was sent back into jail. The bondsman took him off of the bond so he could get time served and I continued to make payments on his behalf under the belief that they would put him back on the bond when his release date was up. Well his release date came up and they're refusing to put him back on the bond unless we come up with 1,000 upfront even though I already paid 2,900 upfront and have made all of my payments on time. Do I need a laywer?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As in a violation of his probation? No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That about covers it for now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Did the judge set a new bond amount?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not as far as I'm aware. I could find out for you.

It could make a difference.

From what I see, however, you'd have had to pay the bondsman off for the first loan anyway. Now he needs another one. It looks to me that the bondsman may be be entitled to another fee.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney