Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a senior citizen whom I have been helping for 15

Customer Question
good morning I have a...
good morning I have a senior citizen whom I have been helping for 15 years I found out today that someone has brought in a lawyer and had her make out a will leaving them all her property see is 103 I have power of atty
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: don't know the only thing I did was give acopy of mine to the bank
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know my direction in get it fixed the person who did this I have never met
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

How did you find this out? Do you know the name of the attorney?

I'm waiting on the someone to bring me the atty name

Who told you the person you are helping did this?

I was informed of this by the senior home she lives at and also one of her family friends

At this point, the will needs to be contested and voided. If you have POA over all their affairs, then it would HIGHLY questionable that they all of a sudden have a will made out and leave everything to a random person. I have to believe the attorney was unaware of this or else they would not have proceeded, without you present, since you are in control. If they were of sound mind, they would not need you for POA at this time, so it also needs to be known, what was told to the attorney and who provided this information and who this person was, who got left everything. The home where she lives should have a log book, which the person had to sign, when they arrived, so you can ask them to check that and see.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer